Please join the Arizona Association of School Psychologists in a Central Region training with Dr. Michael Redivo. Dr. Redivo is the Executive Director of the Desert Heights Academy.
Cultivating a Values Grounded Learning Environment: Promoting Student and Staff Growth and Development
In our day to day walk as professionals and leaders, conflict occurs regularly – whether it be within our departments, between staff, with parents / students, and / or within ourselves. The Productive Conflict model offers educators, especially leaders, a method for using conflict in a manner that promotes growth among students AND between staff, ultimately strengthening departmental, school, and classroom culture. This workshop will address conflict within the context of learning theory, highlighting the notion that conflict, in many instances, is a catalyst for new learning and growth to occur. Emphasis will also be placed on the development of a shared vision amongst leaders, as this vision helps unify diverse groups / teams towards a common, positive, and purposeful goal. This workshop will identify a framework for thinking about and managing conflict in productive and useful ways. Aspects of the biology of learning will also be integrated, identifying how productive conflict strengthens a growth mindset for administrators and the staff whom they lead. The Productive Conflict model is applicable in all aspects of our day to day work. This workshop will use videos, role plays, and small group discussion to make the learning experience lively and engaging.
1. Participants will learn key tenets of a Values Grounded Learning Environment.
2. Participants will identify the role that a Shared Vision has in directing a positive school / departmental culture.
3. Participants will learn key practices of positive behavior management (5 C’s), Growth Mindset, and the Productive Conflict model that can be applied at work the next day.
4. Participants will learn about how conflict can be used to promote learning, growth, strengthening school and classroom culture.
5. Participants will learn about how the biology of learning influences conflict management and ways to promote a growth mindset.
Happy Hour immediately following the workshop at Spokes on Southern from 4:00 - 6:00 (or as long as people want to hang out!). AASP will provide food and non-alcoholic drinks. See you there!
Location: Spokes on Southern: 1470 E Southern Ave, Tempe, AZ 85282