Chandler, AZ 85226-3222
48th Annual AASP Fall Conference (Workshop)
Thursday, Nov 3, 2016
It’s time to register for the 2016 AASP Conference! The 48th Annual AASP Conference will be he…
Register Now for the Fall Conference
It’s time to register for the 2016 AASP Conference! The 48th Annual AASP Conference will be held on November 3rd and 4th at the Desert Willow Conference Center in Phoenix, Arizona. The theme of this year's conference is Contemporary Practice: School Psychology Tools for the New Millennium. Attendees will have the opportunity to select from 20 presentations offered over the two-day conference.
On-line registration is now open. AASP members receive reduced registration rates, and will need to log in before registering to receive the reduced rates. Be sure to register by October 14, 2016 to receive the early registration rates.
Click on the links below for the conference brochure.
Directions for PO Processing:
1. Complete the conference registration form online. Be sure to select the morning and afternoon sessions for the day(s) of attendance.
2. Print the completed registration form and give it to the appropriate contact at the school district for processing of the PO.
3. The Purchase Order, with the registration form(s) attached, must either be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 480-893-7775. The Purchase Order must provide an e-mail address so that the AASP office can e-mail the invoice.
An invoice will be e-mailed for payment.
Homewood Suites by Hilton – Phoenix Airport South, is located at 4750 E. Cotton Center Blvd., Phoenix, AZ 85040, and is just down the street from the Desert Willow Conference Center. A block of rooms has been reserved at the rate of $139.00, single or double occupancy, with registration before October 3, 2016. Be sure you to indicate that you are attending the AASP conference. For reservations, call (602) 470-2100 or click here.
NASP Advocacy Action Center
Use the NASP advocacy action center to participate in the 1-Minute Solution! Here is how it works:
1. Visit The NASP Advocacy Page to find all of NASP's current Legislative alerts.
2. Click on the blue title of one of these alerts, and this will bring you to a new page.
3. Input your personal information in the pre-existing boxes to send the letter to Congress. The Advocacy Action Center will find your members of Congress automatically by your zip code.
4. If you check the box "Rememner me" at the bottom of the page , it will remember this information.
5. Press "submit" on this page and a new page will appear with a draft subject line and message to e-mail to congress. You may keep this subject line and message or choose to edit it.
6. When you are finished editing the letter, press "Submit" and you will receive a confirmation that your letter was sent.
7. From the confirmation page, press "Back to main page" to return to the home page and submit the rest of the letters.
AASP Mini Grants
Mini grants are awarded to members who submit an application to the coordinator. These grants are to encourage school psychologists to enhance their own capabilities to provide mental health services within their schools. Acceptable purchases could include: therapeutic or educational videotapes, therapeutic curricula, resource books, workshop refreshments, etc. There are 3 types of Mini-Grants:
- $150 Basic Needs
- $150 Mental Health Supplies (or up to $200 for workshop refreshments)
- $500 Mental Health Startup
Within six months of receiving a Mini-Grant, recipents agree to submit an article to AASP for submission to the Intervention newsletter about how they used the funds.
Click on the link below for more information and for an application.