Chandler, AZ 85226-3222
NASP Advocacy Action Center
Use the NASP advocacy action center to participate in the 1-Minute Solution! Here is how it works:
1. Visit The NASP Advocacy Page to find all of NASP's current Legislative alerts.
2. Click on the blue title of one of these alerts, and this will bring you to a new page.
3. Input your personal information in the pre-existing boxes to send the letter to Congress. The Advocacy Action Center will find your members of Congress automatically by your zip code.
4. If you check the box "Remember me" at the bottom of the page , it will remember this information.
5. Press "submit" on this page and a new page will appear with a draft subject line and message to e-mail to congress. You may keep this subject line and message or choose to edit it.
6. When you are finished editing the letter, press "Submit" and you will receive a confirmation that your letter was sent.
7. From the confirmation page, press "Back to main page" to return to the home page and submit the rest of the letters.
AASP Mini Grants
Mini grants are awarded to members who submit an application to the coordinator. These grants are to encourage school psychologists to enhance their own capabilities to provide mental health services within their schools. Acceptable purchases could include: therapeutic or educational videotapes, therapeutic curricula, resource books, workshop refreshments, etc. There are 3 types of Mini-Grants:
- $150 Basic Needs
- $150 Mental Health Supplies (or up to $200 for workshop refreshments)
- $500 Mental Health Startup
Within six months of receiving a Mini-Grant, recipents agree to submit an article to AASP for submission to the Intervention newsletter about how they used the funds.
Click on the link below for more information and for an application.